- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 8 medium carrots (cut into thirds)
- 2 medium onions (cut into wedges)
- Ground pepper
- 3-lb beef chuck roast (trim excess fat)
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Stir together in slow-cooker 2 tbsp. cold water and cornstarch until smooth. Add the onions and carrots, and then season with salt and pepper. Toss to mix.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp. of salt and ½ tsp. of pepper over chuck roast. Place the roast on top of the vegetables in the slow-cooker and drizzle it with the Worcestershire sauce. Cover and cook on high for six hours. If you prefer, you can cook on low for ten hours.
- With the roast on a cutting board, slice against the grain. Serve with vegetables and strained pan juices.
Recipe & Photo Source: http://www.marthastewart.com/313619/slow-cooker-pot-roast